Random Post 2: Poopy the Platypus

My Travel Buddy: Poopy the Platypus 






Meet Poopy. He was adopted by me from the top shelf of a thrift store Soap Plant Wacko in Hollywood, California on Nov 22nd, 2023. I decided to name him Poopy because of the color of his fur. I could’ve named him something related to chocolate, but I thought Poopy just had a better ring. 






To celebrate his adoption and educate him, I took him to Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica to show him the iconic LA tourist destination. Then, he was able to channel his inner artist by visiting the Orange County Museum of Art. The architecture of the museum was definitely a sight to see. 








It is very important to expose a child to different experiences as part of their education. So, a month later, I took him on a road trip with me to San Francisco. Apart from the amazing view of nature on the drive, he was also exposed to some of my favorite electronic dance music songs. Perhaps one day, he can go to a rave or music festival with me. While in San Francisco, he dined at a restaurant for the first time, another milestone of growing up. 





Seeing how well he handled the local California road trip, it was time for Poopy to cross the border of the U.S and explore Canada. I was attending a business case competition with three of my Marshall Case Team friends in Montreal, and everyone loved him. By the end of the trip, he became our case competition mascot. Since I stayed in the hotel room all by myself, I was glad to have him to keep me company. 





Stuffed animals have been my major source of emotional support since I was a kid. I used to feel slightly embarrassed about how much I cared about my stuffed animals. Now, I view my love for them as synonymous with people who love their pets. Pets are loyal and cuddly companions, and they are always there to support you when you’re alone. My stuffed animals have been with me through all my ups and downs, and I feel a strange sense of loyalty and attachment towards them as if they were my family. I have a collection of stuffed animals sitting in my room, and I plan on taking everyone with me to New York City after graduation. 



P.S. In the upcoming months, I will be taking Poopy on a post-graduation trip to Hawaii.


Comments

  1. Hi Judy! I really loved your post and all of the cute photos you included!! Poopy the Platypus is so cute and his name is just perfect 🥰. What are the names of the other stuffed animals in your collection? Did you use a similar naming sense for them? Stuffed animals have similarly been a major source of emotional support for me, though I rarely share my love for them with anyone aside from my family and closest friends. I also have a penguin and a dog whom I take with me on most trips and am thoroughly attached to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy, thank you for a very fun read! I would just like to mention that I also have the unicorn stuffed animal and grey bunny rabbit at home! I used to collect TY beanie babies and sleep with all of them on my bed (until there was not enough room). Now, I sleep with a pug stuffed animal (that reminds me of my pug at home) and an otter that my dad sent to me Freshman year when I was homesick. I definitely agree that our stuffed animals are a major source of emotional support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Judy! That was such a fun blog post and I love that you have a fun connection with Poopy - My sister has always been a big stuffed animal girl so I can relate to how important this can be to certain people! I also had a brown bunny as a kid who I would take everywhere and remember being so upset when it mysteriously disappeared one day. I love your collection of stuffed animals and hope you and Poopy both have a great time on your grad trip in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy, this post was so cute to read! I am also so embarrassed to admit that my bed is also still filled with stuffed animals. I definitely agree that stuffed animals can be a major help for emotional support. I really liked all your pictures and commentary on Poopy! I hope Poopy can attend a rave soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Judy, fluffy animals are very cute! I has had a pig from Jellycat as well on my bed. Those small things can always heal our hearts in our lifes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EXPERT ARTICLE: BRAWLSTARS