Book 2 Post 1: Our Ancestors Are Smarter Than We Think

The book I chose to read is The Wayfinders: Why Ancient Wisdom Matters in the Modern World by Wade Davis. 


Why Did I Choose This Book?

I chose this book because I am always curious about what idea of human existence. It amazes me how humans can create so many things in this world using pure imagination. For example, how did we arrive at the use of mathematics to quantify our existence? How did the concept of math even get created? This book captured my attention as it covers indigenous culture, which has a huge impact on defining the origin of civilizations. We often neglect these cultures as our environment becomes more modernized. Yet I believe that our ancestors are a lot smarter than we think, and their wisdom is still embedded in our way of life more than we realize. Additionally, I do believe that at the end of the day, our human experiences are all connected and lead to the same path. So I am curious to see if the different indigenous cultures have any overlaps. 


What Do I Hope to Get Out of It? 

I hope that I can learn more about the different indigenous cultures around the world. Specifically, I want to gain a better understanding of our connection to nature. I've lived in big cities all my life, so I don't think I give enough credit and appreciation towards nature. This is something I would like to change. More importantly, I want to explore human spirituality through the lens of indigenous cultures. Since the indigenous people are often less connected to the modern world, I want to learn about their perspectives on life that got lost in the process of modernization. I think their wisdom might help resolve some of the questions I have about my life and spirituality. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXPERT ARTICLE: BRAWLSTARS