1 - WHO YOU ARE MATTERS

☺ About Me ☺ 

I was born in Shanghai and immigrated to Vancouver at the age of 12. Spending last 9 years on the west coast, I am ready to experience a different way of life on the east coast (NYC) after graduation. In the future, I see myself living an adventurous life and trying multiple career paths. I want to achieve this by beginning my career in finance, eventually transitioning into media & entertainment, and finally establishing my own business. 


More About Me☝

My mom is a very energetic, empathetic, and curious person, and I have inherited those traits from her. Meanwhile, my dad and I share similar characteristics in our analytical and practical approach to solving problems or assessing situations in life. My parents always had high expectations towards me, so, over the years, I have internalized their expectations to be my own. I'm not someone who plans out decades of life, and I prefer leaving the future unknown as it makes life more exciting. The only expectation I have for myself is to live a life that is colourful, filled with ups and downs, and constant growth. 


My Random Opinions and Thoughts☃

Oddly, I never had a role model throughout my life. However, whenever I feel that life is getting a bit hard, I put on my comfort show Friends. I always admired the character Phoebe. Her mother took her own life, so she had to live on the street, witnessing some of the darkest parts of the world at a young age. Even though she has suffered significantly, she still believes that the world is a beautiful place filled with kindness and joy. She reminds me that there is nothing in my life that I cannot get through. A wild animal I relate to is wolf. To me, wolves are very elegant creatures. They are strong when they are alone, but they become even stronger as a pact. I feel a sense of connection to them because I like how prideful they are, and I desire to be as independent as they are while still connecting with people around me. A special encounter I had with the nature kingdom was through the peach tree in front my childhood house in Shanghai. The peach tree produced squishy gum due to its oozing sap all the time, so I spent a lot of time with my grandparents removing the gums by climbing onto a ladder and handpicking them off. As I grew up, the tree also grew bigger to the point where my family decided to chop it off as it was covering our second-floor windows. The tree always has a special place in my heart because as time passed by and I moved further and further away from that home, I barely remember what the house looked like, but I will always remember the times I spent with my family around that tree. 

Sun: Scorpio ♏ | Rising: Aries ♈ | Moon: Sagittarius ♐

Comments

  1. Hi Judy,

    It is really cool to hear about your current goals and future ambitions. NYC is a magical place and I think living in that environment will benefit anyone immensely both professionally and personally. I hope to do that same thing in the near future.

    I also think Wolves are awesome creatures. Very strong and independent, but work best in packs. Overall, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy! It is so cool that you are from Vancouver! For years it has been one of the places that I yearn to visit most in the world. British Columbia just seems like such a stunning place, I love forests, mountains and lakes so I feel like I would really love it. How did you like living there? I'm also planning on moving to NYC after grad so hopefully I'll see you there! Do you think you will stay there for good or maybe move elsewhere? Also, I have always had a special connection to Wolves. Even though they may be a little scary and intimidating, there is something so calming about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy! I love that you have multiple careers planned out for yourself! I feel similarly that I have multiple paths that I see myself going down throughout my life and want the opportunity to try them all out. I also think it's cool that you plan on starting your own business eventually -- do you have an idea for what kind of company it'll be? Phoebe from Friends is one of my favorite TV characters -- she's loving and loyal but the best comedic relief in serious moments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy! I love how the only expectation for yourself is to live a colourful life, filled with ups and downs, and constant growth! I want to start living by this motto and not plan out my future in great detail. I also think Wolves are one of the most caring and devoted creatures, despite how they are depicted. Also if you have any questions about living in NYC postgrad let me know!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EXPERT ARTICLE: BRAWLSTARS